Access to video and audio content broadcast on silvereco.eu
Below, check our latest articles incorporating multimedia content dedicated to the Silver Economy.
One of the latest posted videos:
This elderly couple that we are going to talk about is unusual! Indeed, they recently married after a stage to the hospital together. It is never too late to fall in love again…
In an Indian village, called Fangane, far away from Mumbai city, there exists a school that restricts children from entering and where the youngest student must be over the age of 60. This grandmothers’s school is called Aajibaichi Shala.
Eyeprotec is Singapore based company providing a 24/7 online service via a mobile app which is used to immediately alert emergency services in case of a significant event, as well as Eyeprotec users who can provide active immediate support.
This security tool also offers for a minimum cost, 3 types of personal security services accessible to everyone. Since its launch in France in November 2016, more than 3500 people have registered on EyeProtec.
For the past 3 years Wistiki has been busy changing the market of connected devices by offering a solution that is both useful and efficient in helping scatterbrains all over the worls keep track of their belongings.
With the ‘Wistiki by Starck’ collection the company called on the great designer Philippe Starck to create a line of premium and reliable products.
Now, the company presents its new innovative product: the Wistiki Ahā!
Tao Porchon-Lynch, at the age of 98, is the world’s oldest yoga teacher, and she’s been practicing for over 70 years. Meet this unusual elderly woman, an inspiration for people all over the world…
In Kenya, elderly women are believed to be spared by HIV and have therefore become frequent victims of rape. They decided to take matters into their own hands and took up karaté to defend themselves against future rape attempts. [Read More…] about Karaté grannies: older women learn to defend themselves in Kenya
In April, the AARP (American Association of Retired People) published a video challenging people’s perceptions of old age : how old is old? What can or can’t an older person do? Millennials and Baby boomers have different answers to these questions. [Read More…] about How old is old? Ask Millennials.
Seventy years ago, Joy Lofthouse was one of the 164 females pilots of the Royal Air Force’s ATA (Air Transport Auxiliary) involved in World War 2. Last year, she took to the skies again in her favourite plane, the Spitfire, as part of BBC documentary “The Spitfire Women.”
Hearing aid provider Sonova Holding has received three awards at the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards for two shorts films, nominated in three different categories. [Read More…] about Sonova Holding AG wins three awards at the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards
Japanese researcher Yoshinori Ohsumi received the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine on Monday. His research topic : autophagy, the process through which body cells recycle their own content, which is critical in preventing damage and age-related disorders such as Parkinson’s disease. [Read More…] about Japanese researcher Yoshinori Ohsumi receives the Nobel Prize for his work on autophagy
- Unusual: this elderly couple fell in love at the hospital!
- Indian grandmothers are going to school for the first time
- EyeProtec, when security becomes “mobile”
- Wistiki presents its new star product: the Wistiki Ahā
- Meet Tao Porchon-Lynch, the world’s oldest yoga teacher
- Karaté grannies: older women learn to defend themselves in Kenya
- How old is old? Ask Millennials.
- Former RAF pilot Joy Lofthouse takes flight again after 70 years
- Sonova Holding AG wins three awards at the Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards
- Japanese researcher Yoshinori Ohsumi receives the Nobel Prize for his work on autophagy
- HelpAge : Raise your voice against ageism
- C2S signed a partnership with French remote monitoring specialist Vitaris
- World Alzheimer’s Day : go on a Sea Hero Quest to retrieve lost memories!
- Technology that improves lives : a video contest to help the elderly and the disabled
- Live long and prosper : two Japanese and Italian recipes for longevity
- In Germany, the elderly live through increasing poverty
- Is China taking the lead in robotics?
- Senior actresses are on a roll
- What can Pokémon Go do for the elderly ?
- In Spain, play areas for seniors are all the rage
Would you like to submit news about your company or your products, thank you to let us know using this form.